Why are blueberries blue? Why do yellow foods make us hungry? This experiment-filled box will teach you all about how color impacts flavor, food science, and nutrition.
What’s included? First, a lesson in making an incredible Nicoise. Next, learn how to make Unicorn Dust from freeze-dried fruit (for magical yogurt-swirling.) Make the coolest rainbow popsicles we’ve ever seen, along with your own all-natural homemade food coloring and rainbow sprinkles. Then, learn all about how the all-natural pigments in food can be used like paint.
Knife skills training is included in this box, as well as a pair of colorful, kid-friendly spatulas, a coloring poster, word games and cool stickers that kids love.
- A high-quality, kid-friendly kitchen tool, gadget, or non-perishable ingredient sourced from top culinary brands.
- A step-by-step cooking lesson adapted from the Little Sous curriculum.
- Collectable recipe cards developed around the theme.
- Hands-on activities that teach cooking techniques, food science, and help kids develop their food preferences and vocabulary.
- A two-sided, ready-to-color poster that includes interactive games, puzzles, and other activities that beg kids to dive in and play while they learn about food cultures around the world.
- A sheet of vinyl stickers inspired by the monthly theme.