You’ll start by making fresh, Italian-style pasta. All you need are a couple of ingredients and a rolling pin—no special machines needed! When you get to this box’s recipe cards, you’ll make even more noodles—out of zucchini. Then take a trip to Asia when you make a bowl of steaming ramen or a pile of rice noodles with Thai-style peanut sauce.
You’ll also get to play with pasta in your kitchen: Did you know that you can make noodles dance? Also, once you’ve rolled out your homemade pasta dough, we’ll show you how to cut some cool shapes out of it. Plus, we’ll show you how to use the magical spiralizer from Joie—included in this month’s box—to turn all sorts of fruit and vegetables into noodles.
Each box from the Little Sous Kitchen Academy includes:
- A high-quality, kid-friendly kitchen tool, gadget, or non-perishable ingredient sourced from top culinary brands.
- A step-by-step cooking lesson adapted from the Little Sous curriculum.
- Collectable recipe cards developed around the theme.
- Hands-on activities that teach cooking techniques, food science, and help kids develop their food preferences and vocabulary.
- A two-sided, ready-to-color poster that includes interactive games, puzzles, and other activities that beg kids to dive in and play while they learn about food cultures around the world.
- A sheet of vinyl stickers inspired by the monthly theme.