For most of us, bread is a big part of our daily lives. We eat it at almost every meal (and sometimes in between!), and it’s an important symbol in many religions and cultures around the world. So we’re excited to take you on a bread-filled adventure in this month’s box, “I Loaf You.”
Grab a whisk (luckily, our friends at GIR included a really cool one inside) and get ready to make your own challah. You’ll also make sourdough starter and amazing "cloud dough," along with a fun experiment using sliced bread to show kids just how important it is to wash their hands.
Using this month's recipes, turn some of your challah into a twist on French toast and a thick Italian soup made with canned tomatoes. Or make America’s favorite bread: banana bread!
- A high-quality, kid-friendly kitchen tool, gadget, or non-perishable ingredient sourced from top culinary brands.
- A step-by-step cooking lesson adapted from the Little Sous curriculum.
- Collectable recipe cards developed around the theme.
- Hands-on activities that teach cooking techniques, food science, and help kids develop their food preferences and vocabulary.
- A two-sided, ready-to-color poster that includes interactive games, puzzles, and other activities that beg kids to dive in and play while they learn about food cultures around the world.
- A sheet of vinyl stickers inspired by the monthly theme.